Saturday, December 13, 2008

When did I become compulsive?

I have noticed for some time now that I have become compulsive. The signs were there when my kids were young, but I was too busy to indulge them. I distinctly remember counting the kids' blocks. There were 100 of them, all shapes and colors. I not only knew how many there were, but how many of each shape and color. I couldn't rest easy until I had found all of them before bedtime. Fortunately, I wasn't so far gone that I also did the same with Legos. The best way to find missing Legos was by walking barefoot nearly anywhere in the house,

The next sign was when I was working at the bank. I had to have all supplies at my fingertips and full to capacity. Of course I was raided often by the less compulsive. Things got out of hand a bit when I was put in charge of ordering supplies for the teller line. Other branches used to ask for things. It was faster than ordering from the main branch.

The 3rd sign was when I retired. Since I had a lot of time on my hands I decided to clean my closets. I knew I was sick when I began to color-code my clothes. Yikes!!! Who does that?

Now I am a full blown sicko. After washing a load of dishes I place the silverware neatly nestled together, all bowls and dishes turned the same way, all coffee cups with the handles facing the same direction. These are just a few of my idiosyncrasies. There are more, believe it or not.

Good thing I have a lot of time on my hands.

No comments: